Steps to Prepare Homemade Xmas Fruit Cake
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Xmas Fruit Cake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Xmas Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Xmas Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Treats.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us really feel better within our bodies. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more balanced feeling. A little bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the modification from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to xmas fruit cake recipe. To cook xmas fruit cake you only need 38 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Xmas Fruit Cake:
- Get Fruits:
- You need Dried Fruits Mix Preferably Foodsterr,
- Get Dates Pitted Quartered,
- Take Glazed Cherries Halved,
- Take Crystallized Ginger Quartered,
- Use Cointreau / Brandy / Dark Rum, 180ml + More For Feeding
- Prepare Cake:
- Prepare Unsalted Butter Softened, 138g + More For Greasing
- Use Light Muscovado Sugar,
- Get Demerara Sugar,
- Use Eggs,
- Use Almond Meal,
- Provide Fresh Orange Zest, 1 Orange
- You need Ground Cloves,
- Take Ground Cinnamon,
- Prepare Nutmeg Freshly Grated,
- Prepare All Spice Powder,
- Prepare Unbleached All Purpose Flour,
- Take Roasted Hazelnuts Halved,
- You need Roasted Walnuts Quartered,
- Take Gingerbread Houses:
- Use Unbleached All Purpose Flour,
- Get Baking Powder,
- Provide Demerara Sugar,
- Prepare Sea Salt,
- Prepare All Spice Powder,
- Use Unsalted Butter Cubed,
- You need Pure Honey,
- You need Blackstrap Molasses,
- Get Egg,
- You need Royal Icing:
- Take Egg White,
- Use Cream of Tartar,
- Get Icing Sugar,
- Take Decor:
- Prepare Apricot Jam
- Get Marzipan
- You need Edible Glisters
Instructions to make Xmas Fruit Cake:
- Soaking the fruits. - - Transfer everything into a large bowl. - - Toss to mix well. - - Cover with cling film and set aside in a cool and dry place for at least 24 hrs.
- Prepare the cake. - - Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius or 300 fahrenheit. - - Grease cake pan with butter. - - Lay parchment paper on the bottom and the sides of the cake pan.
- Cut out a large piece of aluminium foil. - - Fold the foil into a strap with a width almost the same as your cake pan. - - Wrap the cake pan with that folded foil and tied it tightly with a thread. - - This is to allow even browning.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer. - - Add in sugar and cream until well combined. - - Add in eggs and continue whisking.
- Add in almond meal, orange zest and the spices. - - You can make your own almond meal by grinding almond in a spice blender. - - Continue whisking until well combined. - - Fold in the flour with a spatula 1/3 portion at a time until fully incorporated.
- Next, fold in the nuts. - - Lastly, the dried fruits mix with any leftover alcohol. - - Transfer into the cake pan. - - Using an offset spatula to level the top.
- Wack into the oven and bake for 2 to 3 hrs. - - Check regularly after the 1 hr mark. - - The internal temperature should read 90 degree celsius or 200 fahrenheit. - - The cake should also pass a skewer test.
- You should have a dark brown color on the cake. - - Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before unmolding about 5 hrs. - - Once the cake is completely cooled, unmold and transfer onto surface lined with cling film. - - Poke a few holes on the cake with a skewer.
- Feed the cake with 1 TBSP of Cointreau or any liqueur of your choice. - - Cover and wrap the cake with parchment paper. - - You can store the cake for a couple of months in a cool and dry place. The flavors will intensify.
- Feed the cake once every week, - - Feeding the cake will keep the cake moist and dense. - - Making gingerbread houses. - - In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and all spice well.
- Add in the butter. - - You can cream everything together with a fork, but I prefer using my hands. - - You should get a crumbly mixture resembling wet sand. - - Add in honey, molasses and egg.
- Mix until it comes together into a dough. - - Wrap it with cling film and chill in the fridge for about 1 hr. - - Remove from fridge and divide the dough into half. - - You can freeze the other half. It will last for 3 months.
- Transfer the dough onto a parchment paper. - - Place another parchment paper over the dough. - - Roll the dough into a large rectangle with a thickness of 1/8 inch. - - Freeze the dough for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 360 fahrenheit. - - I measured the circumference of my cake which reads 64cm. - - So I divided 64 into 8 = 8cm. Each house is 8cm in width. - - I also measured the height of my cake with is about 4cm. So, each house will be more than 4cm in height.
- I use cupboard to draw and design the houses. - - After 30 mins, remove the dough from the freezer. - - The dough should be big enuff for all the houses. - - Place another baking tray on top of the dough.
- Wack into the oven and bake for 12 mins. - - Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. - - Place the houses onto the gingerbread and using a sharp knife and cut out the houses. - - Transfer the houses onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Wack into the oven and bake for another 10 to 12 mins or until deep brownish. - - Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. - - Prepare the royal icing. - - In a large bowl, add in egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks. - - Add in icing sugar, 1 tbsp at at a time, while still whisking. - - Once it gets thick, shiny and glossy, stop adding the sugar. - - You should have a honey-syrupy consistency, but not runny and not too thick.
- Transfer into a piping bag with a small circle tip. - - Pipe the designs on the gingerbread. - - Get artsy! - - The royal icing will harden overtime. - - You can freeze any remaining royal icing for up to 1 month.
- Assemble the cake. - - Brush the whole cake lightly with apricot jam. - - Transfer the fruit cake on a cake stand or a serving plate.
- Pipe some more royal icing on the back of the gingerbread houses. This will act as a glue. - - Stick the gingerbread houses onto the side of the cake. - - Roll out the marzipan into a 1/8 inch thickness. If your marzipan gets too sticky and difficult to roll, dust the surface + rolling pin with some icing sugar.
- Using your desired Xmas theme cookie cutter and cut out the marzipan. I am using snowflakes cookie cutter. - - Transfer the marzipan onto the fruit cake. - - Lastly dust with your desired edible glisters. - - Slice and serve. - - The fruit cake will keep well in the fridge for a few weeks.
If you find this Xmas Fruit Cake recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.