How to Prepare Any-night-of-the-week Lorena&#39;s Refried Beans
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Lorena's Refried Beans recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lorena's Refried Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lorena's Refried Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Goodies.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
One of the most popular snacks is natural yogurt. The truth is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nevertheless. It consists of a lot of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is often eaten to help preserve the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Quick hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. This reduces your sugar consumption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You do not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lorena's refried beans recipe. To make lorena's refried beans you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Lorena's Refried Beans:
- Take 1/2 pound Pinto beans
- Prepare 4 quarts water Drinking
- You need 2 tomato Roma
- Provide 1/2 Onion
- Provide 1 clove Garlic
- Provide 2 Serrano Peppers Jalapeño or
- You need 4 tbs Olive Oil
- Get Salt
Instructions to make Lorena's Refried Beans:
- Most pinto beans need to be cleaned and checked for rocks before cooking. I put them on the counter and slide beans into a colander, remove any rocks or debris and rinse.
- The bean to water ratio varies but I usually add one part beans to 5 parts water to 4 quart pot or slow cooker. Add onion, tomatos and garlic clove to water and cook on high heat.
- When boiling, turn down heat to low and cook for 3-4 hours, checking water levels. Add more drinking water as necessary.
- When beans are soft, add three generous teaspoons of salt. Let water reboil, and taste again. Usually I add more salt. During the re-frying the beans loose flavor so if you over-salt the beans while cooking it is OK!
- In 2 tall pans coated with olive oils, fry jalapeños on high heat until blackened on both sides.
- Ladle in cooked beans. CAREFUL, they will sizzle. That's how you'll know its hot enough. The pot should look like 3 parts broth to one part beans. Cover and turn down to medium heat until broth evaporates. When ready should look like half beans and half broth.
- Thoroughly mash beans with potato masher or electric hand blender.
If you find this Lorena's Refried Beans recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.