How to Prepare Perfect Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Treats.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. When we eat more healthy foods and less of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This can be a problem, however, in terms of eating between goodies. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an excellent choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can easily be much healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the modification from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gingerbread crinkle cookies#christmasbaking #mombasa recipe. You can have gingerbread crinkle cookies#christmasbaking #mombasa using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa:
- Provide 2 cups wheat flour
- Provide 1 cup plain flour (all purpose flour)
- You need 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Take 170 g salted butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- Take 1 tsp baking powder
- Take 1/4 tsp baking soda (soda bi carbonate)
- Use 3/4 cup molasses (or use honey, maple syrup, dark corn syrup)
- Take 2 tbsp milk
- Prepare For Gingerbread Spice Mixture:
- Get 2 tbsp ginger powder
- Provide 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Use 1/2 tsp clove powder
- Get 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- Take For topping:
- Get 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Use 1/2 cup icing or confectioners’ sugar
Instructions to make Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa:
- Sift flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and gingerbread spice mixture together into a big bowl. - Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the butter cubes and rub it into the flour using your finger tips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the molasses or any substitute you’re using and the milk. - Bring the mixture together into a the dough till it gets wet. Do not over mix the dough.
- Divide the dough into two parts. Shape each part into a round disc. - Cover each part with cling film and put it in the freezer.
- In the meantime prepare the baking tray. You can line it with parchment paper or lightly grease it with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Put the sugar and icing sugar in two different bowls.
- Take out both the dough parts from the freezer. Put one part in the fridge till required.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up the dough and roll it into a ball. Remember do not roll it too much otherwise the dough will become warm.
- Roll the ball in the sugar and then in the icing sugar.
- Place it on the baking tray. - Repeat steps 11 to 13 with the rest of the dough. - Place the balls 1 inch apart.
- Put the tray in the oven and let the cookies bake for 12-15 minutes. - Remove the tray from the oven.
- Let the cookies cool down for 2-3 minutes on the tray. - Put the cookies on a wire rack to cool down completely. - Store in an airtight container.
- Take out the other part of the dough from the fridge and bake the cookies.
- Tips: - - If the dough becomes warm put it back in the fridge. - Its best to bake one tray at a time to get the crinkle effect. - It is important to roll the dough balls in granulated sugar and then in the icing sugar. Its the sugars on top that helps to dry out the top of the cookie quickly and results in a crack effect. - Using both baking powder and baking soda is important as they help in the rise and spread of cookies. - Baking at 150 -160°C is important to get the crinkle effect. If you bake at 180°
If you find this Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.