Recipe of Award-winning Cornbread (Muffins or Bread)
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Snack foods.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch. Eating on the run can be more healthy with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cornbread (muffins or bread) recipe. To cook cornbread (muffins or bread) you only need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cornbread (Muffins or Bread):
- Take 1 cup cornmeal
- Prepare 1 cup all purpose flour
- Take 1 tsp. baking powder
- Take 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Take 1/8 tsp. salt
- Provide 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted then cooled slightly
- Prepare 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Get 2 tbsp. honey
- Take 1 large egg, room temperature
- Get 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- Get For Muffin Variation Add:
- Take 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Provide Optional Add In's…Add up to 1 cup (total) of the following :
- Get ·Corn Kernels
- Use ·Diced Jalapenos
- Prepare ·Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Get ·Blueberries
- Get ·Dried Cranberries and Walnuts
Instructions to make Cornbread (Muffins or Bread):
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar and honey until all combined and no lumps of sugar remains. Then whisk in the egg until just combined. Then whisk in the buttermilk.
- If making muffins rather than the bread, whisk in the vegetable oil to the wet mix along with the honey and sugar***
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined. Careful not to overmix. In using an add-in ingredient, fold them in now.
- For Muffins: Spoon batter into greased muffin tins (either normal sized or mini), filling all the way to the top. Cooking times and temperatures for muffins listed in Step 6 and Step 7. For bread, skip to Step 8.
- For Normal Sized Muffins: Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then while keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the temperature to 350°F. Continue baking for another 15-17 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if centers are cooked through.
- For Mini Muffins: Bake for 350°F for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean (mini muffins pictured).
- For Bread: Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch square baking pan. Pour batter in and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F, until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Store leftovers at room temperature for up to 1 week.
If you find this Cornbread (Muffins or Bread) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.