Recipe of Favorite Pearl Barley and Bacon Stew
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pearl Barley and Bacon Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pearl Barley and Bacon Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Snacks.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When searching for a convenient wholesome snack, make sure you remember about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch isn’t a good idea. You can not beat yogurt any time it comes to a nutritious snack though. Along with calcium, it really is a good supply of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help maintain the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by many people. Yogurt combines perfectly with nuts along with seeds. This decreases your sugar consumption without reducing the taste of your snack.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily available. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pearl barley and bacon stew recipe. To make pearl barley and bacon stew you need 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pearl Barley and Bacon Stew:
- Use 1/4 cup pearl barley
- Use 1/4 vegetable oxo cube
- Prepare 100 g bacon lardons
- Prepare 1/2 carrot
- Get 1/4 onion
Steps to make Pearl Barley and Bacon Stew:
- Measure out 1/4 cup of pearl barley per person and wash it under cold water.
- Bring about 300ml of water to the boil, crumble the 1/4 oxo cube and add the barley. Other brands of stock will also work, of course.
- Chop the carrots and onion and add them.
- Reduce the heat so that the stew is simmering but not boiling hard. It's best not to cover the pan as you want a lot of liquid to boil away.
- Fry the bacon lardons for a couple of minutes in a drop of oil, then drain the fat and add the bacon to the stew.
- Keep the stew simmering for around an hour - the barley should be soft and fluffy at the end. Add more water if it's drying out.
- Enjoy! This stew works well served with bread, and if you like, a fine grating of cheese on top.
If you find this Pearl Barley and Bacon Stew recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.