Easiest Way to Make Speedy Mike&#39;s Green Chili Pork Burritos
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Power.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. You can spend hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snacks to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than refined grains present in white bread.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's green chili pork burritos recipe. You can cook mike's green chili pork burritos using 31 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos:
- You need ● For The Meats
- Get Pork Roast [use 1 pound for burritos - 1 for stew]
- Get Beef Or Chicken Broth
- Use ● For The Shreadded Pork
- Take Pork Broth
- Prepare Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning
- Use Broth
- Use Reserved Green Chilies
- Prepare Green Salsa
- Provide ● For The Refried Beans [all veggies & fruit to be fine chopped]
- Prepare Cans Rosarita Refried Beans
- Get Can Hatch Green Chilies [fully drained - reserve one]
- Get Medium EX Firm Deseeded Tomato
- Prepare Deseeded Minced Jalapeños
- You need Minced Red Onion
- Get Minced Vidalia Onion
- Get Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Take Crushed Epazote Herb
- Use Crushed Mexican Oregano
- You need Ground Cumin
- Take ● For The Filler Options [to taste]
- Prepare Mexican 3 Cheese
- Use Sour Cream
- Take Green Or Red Salsa
- Use ● For The Breads
- Prepare Warm Flour Tortillas
- Provide ● For The Garnishments [as needed]
- You need Shreadded Lettuce
- Prepare Chopped Tomatoes
- You need Shreadded Cheese
- Take Sliced Avacados
Instructions to make Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos:
- Simmer pork roast in a crock pot for 6 to 8 hours in beef or chicken broth.
- Pull pork meat from broth and allow to cool slightly. Strain broth of any floating fats.
- Fine shread pork meat with forks and disgard any fat or anything unsightly.
- Reserve 1 cup broth for the shreadded chicken for burritos. Reserve the rest of the stock and 1 pound shreadded pork to make a healthy pork stew. Or, a Green Chili Stew If interested, see steps 13 thru 15.
- Chop all vegetables for your refried beans. You'll leave these raw as they'll act as a crispy Pico de Gallo within your burritos.
- Use a refried bean product like Rosarita, GOYA or Old Elpaso. They're all great brands.
- Heat beans and mix with your crispy vegetables.
- Fry pulled pork for burritos covered in 1 cup broth, 1 packet Old Elpaso Taco Seasoning, 1 - 4 oz can of green chilies and 1/2 cup of your favorite green salsa. Steam well. Stir occasionally.
- Smear heated refried bean mixture on warm tortilla and add hot seasoned fried shreadded pork meat. All ingredients should be fully heated. Or, at room temp [i.e., cheeses, tortillas] before construction and placing in Panini Press or grilling.
- Add whatever fillers you'd like before wrapping up tortillas tightly.
- Place burritos in hot press until scored and cheese has melted.
- Serve burritos hot with green salsa, sour cream, Mexican 3 cheese, lettuce and tomatoes & Avacado slices. Also, a side of Green Chili Stew. Enjoy!
- You're already half way there if interested in making the pork stew. Just add whatever vegetables you have on hand, [i.e., chopped onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, etc., a McCormick Beef Stew packet [a great cheater] and additional herbs & spices]
- Simmer stew for a few more hours in your same crock pot until vegetables have softened. You can also add a pint of Hatch Green Chili to your stew for an extra kick. It's always a delicious option!
- Serve your stew with fresh bread or warm flour tortillas. Enjoy!
If you find this Mike's Green Chili Pork Burritos recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.