How to Make Homemade Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Snacks.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Yogurt is often a snack a lot of people ignore. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. Low fat yogurt would make a wonderful snack, nonetheless. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome nutritional vitamins. Yogurt is simple for the human body to digest and, depending on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Yogurt combines perfectly with nuts along with seeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gyro meat w/tzatziki sauce recipe. To make gyro meat w/tzatziki sauce you only need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce:
- Use Gyro Meat
- Get 1 lb ground beef
- Take 1 lb ground lamb
- Provide 1/2 large sweet onion finely grated
- Take 2 garlic cloves finely grated
- Prepare 1 tbsp za'atar
- Prepare 2 tsp Montreal seasoning
- You need 1 tsp dried oregano
- Prepare 1 tsp ground coriander
- Get Tzatziki Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- Provide 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Use 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- Provide 1/4 tsp crushed mint leaves
- Take 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Get 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Take 1 cucumber seeded, grated and drained
Steps to make Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce:
- Mix all gyro meat ingredients together in large mixing bowl and let sit overnight. If you don't have or like Montreal seasoning use salt and pepper to your taste. I just happen to prefer Montreal seasoning over plan salt and pepper on red meat.
- Blitz the meat mixture in a food processor to get to a fine consistency. I had to do it in 4 batches in my processor. Once it's all done press into a well greased meatloaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Steps 1 and 2 can all be all in one day. I just took the approach of letting the meat marinade and also resting to firm up after blitzing. Chili always tastes better the next day so why not gyro meat.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the Tzatziki sauce except the cucumber. Let sit overnight to allow the dried spices rehydrate a bit and flavor the yogurt. Don't over do the seasoning at the beginning because the flavors will intensify, if to strong more yogurt can be added.
- Pre heat the oven to 400°. Add the grated and drained cucumber to the tzatziki sauce.
- Bake the gyro meat covered for 15 minutes then uncover and bake for another hour. Keep an eye on it to make sure the meat doesn't get too much color, recover if needed to finishing cooking.
- Drain the fat off and let the gyro meat rest for a few minutes. Stand on a cutting board lengthwise and shave off what you're going to eat right away.
- Serve on homemade pitas with the tzatziki sauce and spinach pie on the side!
If you find this Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.