Recipe of Homemade Quick veggie and barley soup
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Quick veggie and barley soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Quick veggie and barley soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quick veggie and barley soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are not hypersensitive to nuts, try having some almonds! Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they are packed full of ingredients that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. These kinds of nuts have quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey that causes drowsiness, is present in almonds. Nevertheless, you will not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Rather they will merely help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. Sometimes eating almonds could even be a mood booster!
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to quick veggie and barley soup recipe. To make quick veggie and barley soup you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Quick veggie and barley soup:
- You need 1 cup or so chopped celery
- Provide 1 cup or so chopped onion
- You need 1 cup or so chopped carrots
- Provide 1 cube stock (I used Kallo garlic and herb)
- Take 1/2 liter water
- Take 1 tbs tomato paste
- Provide 3 tbs chopped fresh dill
- Prepare 1 tsp dried celery seeds
- Prepare 1/4-1/3 cup Job's tears or barley (I used Job's tears)
- You need 1 tbs or so olive oil
- You need Corn starch slurry (1 tbs each corn starch and water)
- Prepare To taste, salt and pepper
Steps to make Quick veggie and barley soup:
- Rinse off barley or Job's tears, then put in a sauce pan and cover with water by a few inches. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 45 minutes or so (I cook the grain separately so it doesn't absorb all the liquid in the soup).
- In a bowl, dissolve the stock cube in the 1/2 liter of water and set aside.
- In large sauce pan, saute the celery, onion, and carrots in the olive oil over medium heat.
- When the veggie mix is softened, add in the stock, tomato paste, and celery seeds. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer.
- After ten minutes, add the dill and the corn starch slurry. Stir to make sure the slurry is thoroughly mixed.
- Let the soup simmer another ten minutes or so until it achieves desired consistency (mine was thickened just a bit - runny but not watery).
- Remove from heat and season to taste.
- When barley/Job's tears are done (should be mostly soft, maybe a little al dente), strain to eliminate excess water and then add to the soup. Reheat if necessary and serve.
If you find this Quick veggie and barley soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.