Steps to Make Ultimate Ham and Bean Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
We all know that having healthy meals can help us feel better inside our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and bean soup recipe. To cook ham and bean soup you only need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and Bean Soup:
- Take 1 lb ham rough chopped
- Provide 1 lb dried great northern beans
- You need 1 gallon homemade ham stock
- Get 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- Prepare 1 cup finely chopped celery
- You need 2 bay leaves
- Get 2 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- Provide 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Prepare 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Take 1 tsp dried thyme
- Provide 1 tbsp Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand)
Instructions to make Ham and Bean Soup:
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water.
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans.
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender.
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread.
If you find this Ham and Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.