Recipe of Super Quick Homemade French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Snack foods.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy foods and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Consider eating almonds if you don’t suffer from nut allergies. As an all-in-one power booster, almonds offer many health rewards. Almonds are a natural way to obtain B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan which may often allow you to be sleepy. Nevertheless, you won’t need a nap after consuming almonds. Instead, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. Sometimes eating almonds could even be a mood enhancer!
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons recipe. To make french onion soup with parmesan/mozzarella croutons you need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Get yellow onions, finely sliced
- Take red onions, finely sliced
- Prepare leek, finely sliced and washed
- You need garlic, minced
- You need butter
- Provide olive or avocado oil
- Get dried bay leaf
- Prepare good quality unsalted beef stock
- Take red wine
- Provide apple cider vinegar
- Get grated mozzarella & parmesan to serve
- Prepare salt (to taste)
- Take ground pepper (to taste)
- Take French stick, sliced thickly diagonally
- You need grated cheddar and Parmesan
Steps to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks.
- Heat a large heavy base on high heat and melt the butter and add olive oil. Add onions and leek. Turn the heat down and sweat down onions slowly for around half an hour. Stir occasionally, and keep the lid so that it 3/4 covers pot, allowing steam to escape.
- Do not rush it! That may result the onions to burn. Rather have the onions caramelized which will give the soup a nice dark brown color. It may even take an hour.
- Once the onions are done, add garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock. Bring to the boil - reduce heat and simmer for a further 1/2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate mozzarella and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup.
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. Yum!
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Mozzarella Croutons recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.