Easiest Way to Make Quick Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Vitality.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning hours. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce recipe. You can have chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce:
- Get Whole rotisserie chicken
- Prepare 4 cups shredded cheese
- Take 10-12 large flour or corn tortillas or 16 smaller ones
- Prepare Sauce
- Prepare 6 Tablespoons butter
- Take 4 Tablespoons flour
- You need 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Get 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- Use 1/2 teaspoon salt
- You need 2 cups chicken broth
- Use 8 oz chopped green chili with liquid
- Prepare Milk (add to desired consistency as sauce thickens 1-2 cups)
- Take 1 cup sour cream
Instructions to make Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce:
- Remove all meat from the chicken, discarding bones and skin. You should get 4-6 cups of meat when diced.
- Mix 2 cups of cheese with the diced chicken and set aside.
- For the sauce: melt butter in a large pan. Add flour and spices and whisk over medium heat for a few minutes until flour is cooked.
- Add the chicken broth and green chilies. Whisk over medium heat and add milk until you get a nice sauce consistency. Medium thick is what I went for.
- Add the sour cream. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Place about a cup of sauce in the bottom of large baking dish. You may need 2 baking dishes. I used one large lasagna pan and one medium sized one.
- Fill the tortillas with about 1/2 cup of chicken and cheese down the center and roll up. Place seam side down in the pan and continue process until chicken is gone.
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Top with the remaining 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake at 425 F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and nicely golden brown on top.
If you find this Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.