Steps to Prepare Perfect Caribbean Oxtail Stew
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Caribbean Oxtail Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caribbean Oxtail Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This is usually a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
When looking for a convenient nutritious snack, don’t forget about yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. Low fat yogurt helps make a amazing snack, nonetheless. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work correctly depending upon the culture used to create it. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caribbean oxtail stew recipe. You can have caribbean oxtail stew using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Caribbean Oxtail Stew:
- Take 1.3 KG Oxtail
- Prepare 1 Large Onion
- Provide 1 Carrot
- Take 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Get 1 tinned can of Butter Beans
- Prepare 1 Scotch Bonnet
- You need 1 Tsp Salt
- Take 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- You need 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste (3 Cloves)
- Use 2.5 Tbsp All Purpose Seasoning
- Take 1 Tbsp Paprika
- Provide 1 Tbsp Thyme (Fresh or dried)
- Prepare 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- Use 3 Stock Cube (Beef or Veg)
- Use 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or Dark Soy sauce)
- Get 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Use 4 Cups Water
Steps to make Caribbean Oxtail Stew:
- Wash the Oxtail meat (using lemon and white vinegar) before rinsing in water. Marinate the meat overnight or up to 5 hours (stored in fridge) in a bowl with; - 1 tsp Salt - 1 tsp Black Pepper - 1 tbsp Garlic Paste (3 Cloves) - 2.5 tbsp All Purpose - 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or Dark Soy sauce) -
- When ready to cook, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet pan over medium/high heat. Sear oxtail until an overall golden brown and then remove the meat to set aside.
- Sauté 1 large diced onion and 1 chopped scotch bonnet until soft. Add the oxtail along with 4 cups of water, 3 beef/veg stock cube, 1 tbsp paprika and 1 tbsp thyme. Reduce the heat to low once brought to boil, cover and simmer for 2.5 hours until the meat is fork tender. Make sure to check the stew every 30 minutes, adding water if need be as you go along and stirring occasionally.
- 1.5 hours later, add 1 chopped carrot, 1 red bell pepper and 2 tbsp cornflour to thicken sauce. 30 minutes later, add 1 tin of butter beans.
- Serve with White Rice or Rice and Peas.
If you find this Caribbean Oxtail Stew recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.