Recipe of Ultimate Peach Oatmeal Bars
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Peach Oatmeal Bars recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Peach Oatmeal Bars recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Treats.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is often a snack many people take for granted. Eating natural yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch is not a good idea. You can’t beat yogurt whenever it comes to a wholesome snack though. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious nutritional vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help maintain the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by most people. Yogurt combines beautifully with nuts and seeds. It’s an excellent method to delight in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to peach oatmeal bars recipe. To make peach oatmeal bars you need 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Peach Oatmeal Bars:
- Provide Crust:
- Use 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Take 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- You need 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Use 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Take 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Provide 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Take 1/4 tsp. salt
- You need 7 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Provide Peach Jam Layer:
- Prepare 2 peaches, peeled and sliced into chunks
- Provide Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Provide 2-3 tbsp. granulated sugar, depending how sweet your peaches are
- You need Scant 1/4 cup water
- Take 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Steps to make Peach Oatmeal Bars:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8" baking pan with a strip of parchment paper that hangs out over the ends. Set this aside.
- Place the peaches into a small pot with the lemon juice, sugar and water over medium-high heat. Once it comes to a simmer, reduce the heat and let it cook, stirring occasionally, until it's reduced down and thickened slightly. Then remove the pan from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together both of the flours, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Then pour in the melted butter and stir until everything is moistened and incorporated. The mix should hold its shape if you squeeze some of it in your palm. Pour out 3/4 of the oat mix into the prepared baking pan and use your hands to flatten it out evenly and pack it down tightly.
- Spread the peach mixture evenly over the bottom crust layer. Then sprinkle the rest of the dry mix evenly over the top. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Then let it cool completely before slicing into bars and serving.
If you find this Peach Oatmeal Bars recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.