Simple Way to Make Homemade Sausage Calzones
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sausage Calzones recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sausage Calzones recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Treats.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This is usually a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Have a shot at eating almonds if you don’t are afflicted by nut allergies. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds provide many health benefits. Various vitamins and minerals are located in these wonderful nuts. They generally do, however, have tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Alternatively, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds typically give a general increased a feeling of well-being.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sausage calzones recipe. To cook sausage calzones you only need 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sausage Calzones:
- Prepare Calzone Dough:
- Use 1 tbsp. instant dry yeast
- You need 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Use 1 tsp. salt
- Get 1 1/3 cup warm water
- Use 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Get 3 cups all purpose flour + more as needed
- Prepare Sausage Filling:
- You need 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Get 1 lb. ground italian sausage
- Use 1 green bell pepper, diced
- Get 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Prepare 1/2 red onion, diced
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. each salt, pepper, dried basil
- Prepare 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare 1 cup freshly shredded white cheddar cheese
- Provide 1 large egg, beaten
- Take Marinara Dipping Sauce:
- Take 1 tbsp. olive oil
- You need 1 clove garlic, minced
- Provide 1 can (16 oz.) unsalted tomato sauce
- Get 1 tsp. dried basil
- Provide 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- You need 1/4 tsp. each pepper, salt, onion powder
Steps to make Sausage Calzones:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, place the yeast, brown sugar, salt, water, oil and 3 cups of flour. Set the speed to low and let it go until the dough starts to come together. Continue to let it knead until the dough forms a soft ball that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. It should be tacky, but shouldn't really stick to the skin. Add in more flour if you need to, to get it to that point in 1/4 cup increments. I usually end up using close to 3 3/4 cups.
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and place a clean towel over it. Let it rise for 1 hour, until double in size. About halfway through rise time, go ahead and start the marinara sauce and the sausage filling. For the marinara, get the oil heating over medium heat in a small pot. Once it's hot, add the garlic and cook until just fragrant. Then stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar and seasonings. Once it begins to bubble, lower the heat and let it gently simmer until calzones are done.
- For the sausage filling, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is browned throughout. Then add the peppers and onion and cook until they have softened up a bit. Add the garlic and seasonings and cook just another couple of minutes before removing the pan from the heat and setting it aside. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large pan with parchment paper.
- Once the dough is done rising, turn it out onto a large table or counter. Seperate it into 4 equal sized balls. One at a time, roll each ball out into a 12" circle. Once it's rolled out, place 1/4 of the sausage mix into one side of the circle, leaving room along the edges. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup each of white cheddar and mozzarella over the meat. Stretch the other side of the dough circle over the meat and cheese and pinch the two sides closed. Then fold and tuck the ends firmly together.
- Repeat with each of the dough balls. Place all calzones on the prepared baking pan and use a sharp knife to cut 3 slits in each calzone. Then brush the beaten egg all over each one. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden brown. Then remove the marinara from the heat. Let the calzone sit for just a few minutes before serving.
If you find this Sausage Calzones recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.