Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Perfect Fermented Cashew Spread
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Fermented Cashew Spread recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fermented Cashew Spread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fermented Cashew Spread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the bad ones we generally feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Try eating almonds if you don’t suffer from nut allergies. Almonds provide a multitude of health advantages and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. Almonds really are a natural supply of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan which can often allow you to be sleepy. But whenever you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you must sleep a while. Alternatively they will simply help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. Almonds often provide a general increased feeling of well-being.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fermented cashew spread recipe. To make fermented cashew spread you only need 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fermented Cashew Spread:
- You need 2 Cups or 400ml by volume of cashews
- Provide De-chlorinated water to cover
- Take 1-2 tbsp unpasteurized miso paste
- You need 3-6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Prepare 1 tsp non-iodized salt
- Use 1-2 tbsp the last batch of cashew spread (optional)
Instructions to make Fermented Cashew Spread:
- Place cashews in a bowl or large measuring cup and add de-chlorinated water to cover by about an inch or 2 cms. - - Water can be de-chlorinated by filtering, boiling for 20 minutes and allowing to cool, or purchasing distilled water. Chlorine inhibits the bacterial growth that is essential to fermentation.
- Allow cashews to soak overnight.
- After soaking the water level should be right about at the top of the now hydrated cashews.
- Add miso, yeast, salt, and optional amount of the previous batch of spread to the cashews and blend until smooth. - - The miso and cashew spread both serve not only to impart flavor but to provide a starter culture of beneficial bacteria for fermentation. - - Experiment with using light or dark miso and varying the amount of nutritional yeast to suit your taste.
- Transfer to a (preferably) clear glass container and allow to ferment until air bubbles are visible in the mixture. - - This could take as little as 6-8 hours in warmer temperatures or up to a couple of days in colder temps. I usually find that overnight is good enough in the summer but in the winter I have let it go for 48 hours especially if I didn't have any of a previous batch to add to give the process a head start.
- Once fermented, transfer to the fridge and use as desired. - - Fermentation will continue under refrigeration but at a much slower pace. Provided it doesn't get eaten right away you may notice the flavor continue to develop as it matures.
If you find this Fermented Cashew Spread recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.